Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blogging tip - liking Facebook pages with your personal profile or as your page?

We, The Bloggers, like Facebook for many reasons. One of them are our followers with all of their comments, likes, ideas and all the other things we share which make our blogs better. Of course, you have to be honest and also admit it's the thing that counts when you negotiate with a potential sponsor.


Facebook has been changing the rules for Pages very often in the past few months, sometimes it's very hard to keep the track with all the changes.

However, one thing I've learned even as a blogging newbie, is the fact that the likes count. But not in the way you would've expected. For some reason, Facebook only recognizes likes made from personal profiles. I suppose it's set that way in order to avoid false likes. It's their right to set the rules, but there is a thing we can do to boost each others' page and in that way to help each other (since blogging is all about community) - we can like the Pages with both, our personal profile, as well as with our FB pages. The procedure is very simple, and I'll show it to you in a few easy steps (the page I'm liking in the example is my own FB Page).

Don't be confused, I use FB in my mother tongue (and you'll notice some options are still in English), but the buttons are in the exact same place when you use it in English.

Find the page you wish to like, then first like it from your personal profile. Then click on the little button for options and choose "like as your Page". This even works if you have more than one Page (I do myself), because you'll be able to choose between the Pages. For example, I blog in my mother tongue and in English as well, so therefore I have separate Facebook pages.


And that's it! You will notice the number of likes has changed when you liked it from your personal profile, but not when you liked it as a Page.

Personally, I prefer commenting as a Page (meaning you'll notice me as The Stepford Wife). It is my way of protecting privacy on Facebook and I've noticed many other bloggers do the same.

However, I like sharing some blogging suport and I believe this definitely is one of the best ways. And of course, to get outside as a blogger. (Did I mention I am a newbie?)

What are your experiences? Do you prefer using your personal account on FB or do you use it as a Page?
What about the number of likes you are getting? Pages or personal profiles - which of the two is more like to like you?

Glitter, Glue and Paint

16 comments:

  1. Great tips! I definitely try to do both...I tend to forget when commenting and need to do a better job doing it as my page. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something new, but many people are not aware of it, so I felt the need to describe it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Those are great tips! I did not know I could like from my personal and blog page that easily! Gonna try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped in from SITS! I think more people are blogging through facebook than ever...this is a great tip to connect without overshare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank all of you from The SITS girls for stopping by! Glad I was able to share some useful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to learn how to blog using my page.
    I usually just do it through my personal page.

    BTW, I'm hosting a cute Valentine's day giveaway on my blog.Please visit and pass the word around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's more or less the same when you use it with your personal profile, and you manage the page and your personal account from one window or a tab. Try it, it's very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm pinning this onto my blog board because I always like from my personal page to help give other bloggers the number count, but, like you, I want to comment as The Domesticated Princess.

    Thanks,
    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! We found you via Diana Rambles Pin Me linky party! www.lovenotesrestylestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet, I learned something new! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from the Pin Me Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saying hi from SITS! Great tip. It frustrates the heck out of me that I have to like from my personal page - not because I don't want to but I do try to keep personal and blog separate but really, I can't. Like you , I want to show my support. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tip, I didn't you know could do that. I like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just started a facebook page for my blog "Excuse Me, Can I Tell You Something?" a few weeks ago when I was trying to do a book give-away. Thanks for the tip. I'm learning. Must admit, confused and overwhelmed by it all; but trying out both a personal page and blog page on facebook. Appreciate you clarifications!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this tip that many people do not know about!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to thank all of you for stopping by! It's always nice to help blogging colleagues, since I used a lot of other people's help when I first started a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...