Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Patches as a way of decorating your clothes

We all know the frustrating feeling when tiny holes suddenly appear on your favorite garment, and you are not ready to throw it away yet, but the classic stitches do not give the desired result, they only make the garment look even more worn out. My secret is in the patches, which can really do wonders even out of seemingly ordinary garments and transform them into glamorous evening pieces. For example,look at these two ordinary T-shirts which have been given a whole new look with shiny patches in the shape of a flower and butterfly. And just a few minutes ago, they looked like old rags.






And I think most of you know the feeling when your child likes a cartoon character, but you can't find anything with this character in local shops (it often happens to me). That's the same situation in which patches help. For example, it is impossible to find girls' clothing with the characters from The Cars cartoon (even on e bay-o'mighty). As you already know, we had The Cars birthday party, so I added The Lightning McQueen iron-on at her dress:




Do I have to mention how the birthday girl was thrilled? It is also a much cheaper way to get clothes with the popular cartoon characters.






Patches are available in all major supermarkets, drug stores, grocery stores, or on ebay.  Majority of them are iron-on patches, but I always add a few stitches, just in case. You can sew by hand or by sewing machine, but of course it's better by sewing machine.

And that's it!


4 comments:

  1. What a smart idea! Thrifty too. I know when my daughter was younger, it was hard to be thrifty in purchasing her clothing! This is a great way to keep clothes new!

    Thank you for linking up to In and Out of the Kitchen. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! I somehow managed to upload a link without a photo. It's not my first time to participate in a linky party, but the no-sleep nights have results.... Looking forward in reading your new posts and participating in the future linkies

    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was reading I saw this blue shirt my daughter like to wear all the time. It fits but it's holey.I did not know patches were in style again. Thanks for tip. Stopping by from SITS.

    Blessings~
    Alethea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patches are so great! They can make the clothes look even better than the original!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...